Nature has a way of calming the mind down from daily demands. As I stare at the lake, watching people enjoy the last but of summer, I felt the need to reflect on one of my most life changing summers. My 19th summer was filled with so many life lessons. Some good. Some not so great. That being said here are 19 things that I learned this summer.
1. I will not budge on my personal working standards.
2. A little bit of kindness can go a long way.
3. Sometimes compassion is not enough.
4. Regret is an awful aftertaste.
5. Smiles truly are day changing.
6. Do something that makes you uncomfortable, you will grow as a person.
7. There is no such thing as a bad experience, it’s a learning experience.
8. It is okay to be scared or not know what to do.
9. It is also okay to ask for help.
10. Learn about other peoples needs and wants. It can change your own perspective.
11. Take time for yourself. Listen to your body.
12. People really do appreciate when you go the extra mile.
13. However, know when people are taking advantage of you.
14. There is a difference between being rude and standing up for yourself.
15. People love happy people. 🙂
16. Talk to people you normally wouldn’t. Life’s no fun when you are in a bubble.
17. Attitudes are contagious, try to give off a good one.
18. Moms give the best love advice. Listen to her most of the time.
19. I do not know everything and still have so much more to learn.